Navratri – is nine days Hindus festival its comes in September or October month. It’s celebrate every year in various part of Indian and It is also combines ritualistic puja and fasting and accompanied by resplendent celebrations for nine consecutive days and nights. These nine day are dedicate to goddess devi durga.
People’s are on nine days fast.In these fast are people eat vart food. if you are keeping a fast on this navratri make this delicious dessert kheer and you can make this kheer in normal day also. today we are going to share special recipe sama rice kheer called (Barnyard Millet ) it is very popular in during vart and upwas in navratri which is very delicious , high protein , fiber , easy to digest, very quick and easy too make.
Pre time – 40 min Level – Easy
Serve time – 5 min Category – Dessert
Total time – 45 min Cuisine – North Indian
- Sama/Barnyard Millet – 1/3 cup
- Milk – 500 ml
- Sugar – 4/5 tsp
- chopped almonds – 2 to 3
- chopped raisin – 3 to 4
- chopped cashew – 3 to 4
- cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Wash and soak sama rice in a bowl of a water for 30 min , after drain the rice in another bowl.
- Take a pan add the milk on it. when milk is boiling add the sama rice on it.
- When milk and rice boiling then add cardamom powder in it.
- Add sugar to according to taste in the pan.
- Cook in medium flame when rice get cook.
- Add some dry fruits chopped almonds , raisin , cashew in the pan.when kheer become thick turn off flame.
- Sama rice kheer is ready to serve.
- Garnish with some chopped dry fruits.